Friday 12 October 2012

Tip #7 - Blowing hot air



This tip is so simple to do it’s unreal, but many (many!) people will find it impossible. 

Don’t use hair dryers. Or straighteners, curlers, or any other electric heat-inducing hair styling tool.

There are so many reasons why this can save you money.

1- Good quality hair stylers are expensive, but bad quality ones simply don't work, may explode, or (in the case of straighteners) can pull out your hair.
2- The time and effort spent doing your hair can be better spent on other things, like sleep or work. If "time is money", it’s not worth wasting half an hour or more on heating your scalp.
3- Electricity costs money.
4- The cost of ruining your hair due to heat damage is very high. This can result in paying out for expensive nourishing treatments, or even losing your hair entirely and having to start over. 

Personally, I haven’t owned a hair dryer in four years. I had a straightener and curling set when I was about 14 but it was terrible and I never really used it. Instead, I let my hair air dry, and am (usually) satisfied with how it falls. At the moment I have short hair, in a style which I specifically asked to be easy-care (the cut itself was free – see my previous blog post on how to get free haircuts). When I had longer hair, I would either wear it in an all-purpose pony tail, or when I wanted a slightly fancier style, I would braid it, wrap it into a bun, or pin it while it was still wet. 

And the best part of not using any heat to style my hair? My hair is super healthy. Every time I see a hair dresser they comment on how smooth and healthy my hair is). No expensive treatments necessary!

No comments:

Post a Comment